Process Development Engineer.
Darling Ingredients serves the agri-food industry and reduces food waste by collecting and repurposing animal-based co-products and other natural materials.
Giving nature a second life is their second nature. With roots dating back to the late 19th century, Darling Ingredients has evolved from a small rendering company into the world's leading innovative developer and producer of sustainable organic ingredients for a growing population. Their unique broad product and service portfolio is active all over the world, customized for high end markets and local needs. Darling Ingredients serves society by maximizing nature's value, so that people stay healthy, homes stay warm, children stay happy, dogs and trucks keep running, and farmers can flourish.
Son & Breugel (Eindhoven)
Description de l'emploi.
For the Corporate Technology Department in Son, Darling Ingredients is looking for a talented Process Development Engineer.
You will be part of a professional team of 16 engineers and project managers, responsible for creating added value by identifying new technology-driven business concepts. Developing and realizing new technology projects as well as optimizing the technical assets and operational performance of the more than 60 world-wide based Darling Ingredients International plants. Responsibilities include engineering and project management for larger Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) projects (up to € 150 M per year). Recent projects include renewable energy (bio-digestion) projects as well as hydrolyzed proteins / collagens production plants. Current responsibilities also include Health, Safety & Environmental Management and Compliance, including environmental engineering and project delivery for odor control and waste water treatment facilities.
You are involved in the development, improvement and standardization of (production) processes or production lines across the globe. The Technology department is seen as a specialist within the group. In this role you will report to the Director Technology and will work closely together with Waste Water Engineers, Plant Managers, Production Managers, Process Engineers and other plant personnel.
- Designing, engineering and start-up of production processes and installations.
- Following all evolutions and developments in process technology and converting this knowledge into possible consequences for production processes and installations.
- Coordination of all technology related matters for the production processes and installations of all locations globally.
- Initiate and coordinate improvement projects, a.o. by introducing new technologies, energy management and cost saving projects.
- Coordinate, manage and prepare conceptual/basic designs and investment cost estimates and operational cost calculations for investment decisions in relation to (new) production processes and installations.
- Prepare periodical management reports on progress status and operational cost development regarding production processes and installations of all OpCo’s (e.g. OEE).
- Analysing and reporting on management information relating to production processes and installations. Performing evaluations.
Who are they looking for
Darling Ingredients is looking for a talented candidate with:
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering or related.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar position in the process industry.
- Experience with project management and good knowledge of production processes.
- Strong affinity with proces technology and engineering.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time. Overseas trips may require travel during weekends.
Profil du candidat.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Autonomy and decision making.
- Self-starter, pro-active and result-focused.
- Easily establishes and develops effective and positive relationships at all levels.
For more information, please contact:
Marjo Lucker, Recruitment Consultant
T: +31 613 561 988
Marije Hoogendoorn, Sr. Recruitment Specialist
T: +31 623 135 118