(Senior) Researcher Lead Identification.
Biotalys has the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. Biotalys is a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions. Based on their ground-breaking technology platform, they have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Their products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
As Senior Research Lead Identification you will actively contribute to our antibody discovery and characterization activities for the identification of novel AGROBODY™ bioactives against key crop pest and disease targets.
- Conduct (phage) display selections for discovery of AGROBODY™ bioactive candidates against challenging targets
- Build antibody fragment libraries in display-based systems (such as phage display)
- Design and implement high throughput solutions for f phage display output screening
- Design and implement screening assays (using e.g. ELISA, FACS)
- Advance novel approaches to accelerate discovery campaigns or improve the resulting panel of leads
- Analyse and report results with the ability to present with recommendations for next experimental steps
- Present results and observations in weekly/monthly team and project-oriented teams
- Pro-actively contribute to the further development of our AGROBODY™ bioactives discovery and characterization platform
- Master degree in life sciences, biotechnology, molecular biology, or related discipline
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in an antibody discovery environment
- Hands-on experience in an antibody discovery environment with a focus on phage display or related display techniques
- Up to date with recent developments in the field of antibody discovery focused on display technologies
- Ability to conceive and design experiments, develop assays, optimize protocols, and interpret experimental resultsHands-on experience in molecular biology techniques: DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, cloning, DNA sequencing
- Experience in DNA sequence analysis/editing tools such as CLC Main workbench
- Experience with Robotic liquid handler is an asset
- A pro-active attitude and solid problem-solving skills with a sense for creativity and innovation combined with a team player attitude
- Ability to learn and embrace new technologies quickly and work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, managing priorities based on team deliverables
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and orally
Teamwork, innovation, passion, wellbeing and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide their business and that they prize when they recruit new talent and reward their employees. They strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.