Sales manager Benelux & Nordics .
MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next-generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 14 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 75 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
Benelux & Nordics- home office
Job description.This high-performance individual will manage current business and identify new opportunities within existing accounts, as well as identify, pursue and close new opportunities within his/her territory. Responsibilities include direct sales of the company’s transfection technology products and/or services within a geographic territory of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and government accounts. (S)He must develop and maintain strategic account plans, report on competitor activities, participate as part of global account team(s), and provide accurate forecasts of sales activity. (S)He must become technically knowledgeable and able to deliver technical seminar presentations on all MaxCyte products.
- Minimum of a BS degree in life sciences
- 5+ years direct sales experience in companies that develop, market, and sell life science tools to biotechnology, pharmaceutical and research markets is required
- Experience selling capital equipment ($100K+) to pharmaceutical and biotech accounts in Europe. Capital equipment sales experience must be recent experience.
- Proven track record of success
- Strong customer network especially in the areas of protein production, cell therapy, immunology, cell biology, and high throughput screening and high content screening.
- Strong territory management skills and availability for 50% overnight travel.
- Well-developed qualification skills and a thorough understanding of the sales process complemented with the ability to move opportunities through the sales process.
- Strong technical knowledge in protein production, immunology, and cell-based assays
- Understanding of transfection techniques and technologies
- Proven track record of success in entrepreneurial organization; “roll up sleeves” with minimal supervision and in-house resources to deliver performance objectives
- Ability to sell at any level in the customer organizations, from bench scientist to CEO