Director High Throughput Screening.
Pivot Park Screening Centre (PPSC) is a drug discovery Contract Research Organization (CRO) company with a main focus on ultra-High Throughput Screening (uHTS) services. They are equipped with using state-of-the-art automation infrastructure and offer top-notch early drug discovery services in the field of assay development, medium to large-scale compound screening and hit-to-lead biological profiling to pharma companies, small & medium biotech companies and universities. Besides strengthening the PPSC core business, they are also expanding their lead discovery capabilities to accommodate novel therapeutic modalities. To lead an essential part of our business, they are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced director of High-Throughput Screening department.
Pivot Park Screening Centre
Job description.The Director HTS is part of the operational Management Team and reports to the CSO. Together with the automation team, which consists of approx. 8 team members, the Director HTS is responsible for setting up, programming and maintaining the automated (robotic) screening and laboratory facilities. This includes the data processing and analytical tools that are used in projects. The actual screening is performed in close collaboration with the assay development scientists who have the in-depth knowledge about assay technologies.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Overseeing all the technical aspects necessary to efficiently carry out screening operations, including technology management and long-term strategic technological investment proposals to remain state-of-the-art.
- Implementing technological innovations that fundamentally contribute to the science, technology and business strategy in relation to lab automation, IT and required to achieve commercial and organizational objectives.
- Identifying points for improvement, and initiating, developing, implementing and streamlining sustainable, cost-effective and efficient solutions in alignment with PPSC ISO quality management system.
- Knowledge development, innovation and learning capacity of the HTS department to ensure that the organization is at the forefront of the latest technical developments in the drug discovery field, including working together with (strategic) partners and suppliers.
- Managing the department within the objectives of the organization. Leads employees and/or managers across multiple teams/departments/organization.
- Academic level in working and thinking.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in life science automation (robotic systems, data processing, programming).
- Affinity with IT infrastructures in the field of laboratory automation.
- In-depth knowledge of general IT (Windows, MS office) and screening relevant software packages (Cellario, ActivityBase, Genedata, etc.).
- Good communication skills, in English (and at least understanding Dutch).
- Can do mentality and capable of strategic thinking.
- Result oriented, problem solving and analytical skills, commercial mind-set and a teamplayer