Darling Ingredients serves the agri-food industry and reduces food waste by collecting and repurposing animal-based co-products and other natural materials.
Giving nature a second life is their second nature. With roots dating back to the late 19th century, Darling Ingredients has evolved from a small rendering company into the world's leading innovative developer and producer of sustainable organic ingredients for a growing population. Their unique broad product and service portfolio is active all over the world, customized for high end markets and local needs. Darling Ingredients serves society by maximizing nature's value, so that people stay healthy, homes stay warm, children stay happy, dogs and trucks keep running, and farmers can flourish.
Son & Breugel (Eindhoven)
For the Corporate Technology Department in Son, Darling Ingredients is looking for a talented HSE Auditor.
For their HSE department they are looking for an enthusiastic HSE Auditor to join their team in Son (near Eindhoven), The Netherlands. The corporate Technology department consists currently out of 16 engineers, specialists and experts that are responsible for the development of new technological concepts, supporting site performance improvements and coordination of Health Safety & Environment (HSE) matters.
You will primarily work from their home base in Son, The Netherlands. However, you will regularly visit the (inter)national production sites. You will work in close cooperation with the HSE Managers within the Technology Group, Regional HSE Managers and (local) Site Managers and HSE Coordinators of the International productions sites.
Your primary tasks and responsibilities would be to:
- Perform HSE audits at their production sites worldwide according to their planning cycle.
- Assist in compliance reviews and HSE related (risk) assessments.
- Process, maintain and analyze HSE data and documentation.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports whereas needed.
- Support external audits / visits (e.g. with their insurance company or authorities).
Next to this, your additional tasks would be:
- Observe compliance to HSE regulations during site visits, identify obvious hazards and report these to the local responsible, encourage safe working practices and promote incident prevention.
- Helping sites to observe their sites through safety glasses (“do you see what I see”).
- Supporting site management on HSE matters.
- Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Develop HSE procedures, Trainings and Safety Awareness Campaigns.
- Maintain a positive and proactive relationship with managers, employees and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Occupational Health & Safety Sciences, Environmental Sciences or related.
- 7-10 years of experience in an HSE (auditing) position (auditing, Management Systems, training), preferably in industry, PD/BI Insurance or consulting.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Good communication skills in both Dutch and English is a must.
- Residence is within 1 hour travelling distance (one way) from the Son office in the Netherlands.
- Analytical, a systematic thinker with a structural and decisive way of working.
- Able to convey “HSE messages” to all kind of levels within their organization.
- A good tactical sense is required to bridge differences in opinions or potential resistance or even conflicting interests.
- Pro-active, self-supporting and able to work independently.
Darling Ingredients offers you
- Competitive salary, depending on education and experience.
- 30 holidays, holiday pay of 8%, bonus opportunity and a company pension scheme.
- Mobile phone and laptop.
- International experience and exposure with people from different cultures all over the world.
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, with training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development.
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in projects for implementing solutions.
For more information, please contact:
Marjo Lucker, Recruitment Consultant
T: +31 613 561 988
Marije Hoogendoorn, Sr. Recruitment Specialist
T: +31 623 135 118