BioBTX is an innovative and leading technology development company dedicated to developing and realizing its breakthrough circular economy technology. BioBTX has developed its unique ICCP technology, where it produces high-quality platform chemicals which can be converted to sustainable and renewable drop-in chemicals. The developed technology makes it possible to achieve both circularity and sustainability goals, such as CO2 reduction and substitution of fossil resources while avoiding the incineration of waste streams. BioBTX is therefore developing the PETRA Circular Chemicals plant in which it will convert mixed plastic waste into renewable BTX (benzene, toluene, xylene). The technology is fully proven on pilot plant scale and will now be scaled up towards commercial scale in the Petra Circular Chemicals Plant.
To make a fully circular economy possible in 2050, new raw materials are needed that do not make us dependent on fossil sources. Innovations and technological developments are essential in this regard, for example by recycling waste streams and using non-food biomass. That's exactly what they do at BioBTX!
As a next milestone in the exiting journey towards implementing the new developed technology on commercial scale, they are now looking for a General Plant Manager
For the Petra Circular Chemicals Plant (PCP) in Delfzijl
The plant manager will be responsible for the organisation, start-up, commissioning and running of the PETRA plant. The envisioned start-up is 2024 with expansion of the plant in 2027. Total treatment capacity in 2027 is 50.000 ton per annum end-of-life waste plastic.
The position offers the unique opportunity to bring a new technology to the market.
As Generel Plant Manager you are responsible for:
- The P&L for all operational activities of PCP, including QHSE/permits, logistics, modification projects, management of all supply-, take off- and utility contracts all within limits of approved and agreed budgets.
- Reports to PCP board and proposals for future budgeting.
- Timely reports to Bevoegd Gezag on permit requirements and issues.
- Drafting of all requirements for the entire PCP organization, including contracts and hire of all staff, more specifically operations, maintenance, lab, administration and logistics.
- Maintaining and improving production efficiency.
- Timely and proper training of all staff prior to commissioning and startup
- The final acceptance test by PCP-project team, including hand over.
- A safe and managed commissioning, startup and operation of commercial plant operation, including a BioBTX pilot plant.
- Relevant communication with press and maintain good relations with adjacent CPD2 operations.
Tasks and roles
- Setting up the entire PCP organization.
- Preparation of operating budget for PCP, 5 years rolling from 2024, incl. PCP project startup.
- Organize the acceptance of the technical factory in Q1, 2024.
- Completion of final contracts for the supply of all raw materials, consumables, services and goods for the regular PCP operation.
- Setting up training courses for all functions within PCP.
- Setting up procedures for QHSE, such as eviction all in accordance with applicable legislation and collaborations with surrounding companies.
- Member of the PCP project team.
- Taking care of internal and external PR.
Profiel van de kandidaat.
- HBO or WO level
- Preferably technical, chemical background, alternative directions would be technical administration or operational engineering.
- Experience in the oil and gas sector at medior level, preferably in various roles such as process technologist, section chief chemical (pilot) plant,
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of (first of a kind) industrial, technological innovation, preferably in the chemical industry or in the oil and gas sector.
- Experience with legislation in the field of health and safety, hazardous substances, external safety, including logistics.
- You are willing to make temporary unusual effort (in time and moment) when starting up the commercial operation in 2024.
- You are willing to accept consignment services at site/plant manager level for all operations at Chemiepark Delfzijl 1 and 2.
- You are available as of Q3, 2022, in the run-up to concrete construction activities.