Sr. Field Application Scientist xMap Technology EMEA.
Luminex® Corporation was incorporated in May 1995 and began commercial production of the first generation systems in 1997. Luminex (NASDAQ LMNX) develops, manufactures and markets innovative biological testing technologies with applications throughout the clinical diagnostic and life science industries. The company’s open-architecture xMAP® and xTAG® Technologies enable large numbers of biological tests (bioassays) to be conducted and analysed quickly, cost-effectively and accurately. Systems using xMAP technology perform discrete bioassays on the surface of color-coded beads known as microspheres, which are then read in a compact analyser.
Clinical Diagnostics Applications
xMAP® and xTAG® Technologies developed by Luminex, are ideally suited to a wide range of applications. Highly sensitive and accurate, yet designed for high throughput and increased assay speed, Luminex technologies can help save time and costs while boosting productivity.
Learn more about the rapidly expanding menu of applications Luminex and our partners have developed using the xMAP and xTAG technology platforms.
Luminex is a dynamic science-based organization. The atmosphere is informal with room for entrepreneurships. Initiative and independence are “key factors for success” for the employees of Luminex.
In order to strengthen the global team, Luminex is looking for a Sr. Field Application Specialist EMEA.
Description de l'emploi.
The position of Senior Field Applications Scientist will lead scientist-to-scientist collaboration to advance customers' success in applying Luminex's technology to meet research and other applications that can benefit from Luminex Technology. This will support achievement of market development objectives through customer education on the appropriate use of Luminex's technology. The Senior FAS will be required to deliver technical presentations and interact with customers in research and some diagnostics environments. This individual will also be responsible to for maintaining knowledge of the latest scientific uses of the Luminex technology, including current and new partner products and application to laboratory-developed tests documented in the public domain.
This position will include on-site technical troubleshooting when necessary. The position will interface with Luminex customers (both internal and external) and partners. Internal customers include, but are not limited to: field applications Scientists, sales and sales management, marketing and marketing management, and the training coordinator. This position will also interface with subject matter experts from various functions within Luminex, including R&D, training and instructional development.
- Scientist-to-scientist collaboration to advance adoption of Luminex Technology by existing and new customers and support market development;
- Development of new assays with customers in high-value accounts with a revenue objective;
- Become subject matter experts on applications that can be performed on Luminex Technology;
- Develop content (whitepapers, posters, blog articles, etc.) that builds awareness of flexibility of Luminex Technology;
- Build relationship with partner field organizations, in order to effectively promote and have knowledge of all Luminex commercial products available;
- Deliver effective, targeted, application-based seminars to prospective customers in order to drive adoption of Luminex Technology;
- Identify partners and potential partners that have capability to commercialize new applications using Luminex Technology;
- Identify key opinion leaders, particular those developing custom assays, and those with the potential to develop custom assays;
- Support and advance studies that lead to publications and poster presentations;
- Contribute to development of account-specific strategies and execution of tactics and programs;
- Identify ways to improve the customer experience and provide feedback to Commercial Operations;
- Deliver training for new and existing customers on assay design and development for Luminex Products including;
- Applications in immunoassay (protein) and nucleic acid detection, as needed
- On-site troubleshooting of issues to support customer success with Luminex Technology;
- Responsible for ensuring that field experience is integrated into course content and instructional design of web-based and instructor-led training;
- Maintain knowledge of the latest scientific uses of Luminex technology including current, new, and future products in order to fulfil the needs of Luminex customers;
- Conduct technical and scientific seminars to promote adoption of Luminex technology
- Work in coordination with Luminex team members to ensure customer and market development requirements are met;
- Prioritize customer application support to meet business goals;
- Provide feedback to marketing and R&D, on an ongoing basis, to help develop solutions and programs that meet customer and partner requirements;
- Deliver a customer experience that advances Luminex’s commercial objectives with current and prospective customers;
- Communicate with the Business Managers before and after an on-site customer interaction to ensure alignment, identify customer satisfaction opportunities, and to support commercial objectives;
- Manage time and expenses in alignment with business priorities;
- Attend Tradeshows to support Luminex presence and enhance knowledge of biotechnology industry, focusing on potential applications for Luminex Technology.
Profil du candidat.
Business & Specific Job Skills
- PhD or Master in Science in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or similar discipline with proven xMAP® Technology;
- Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities;
- Demonstrated success as a Field Applications Scientist, or similar role;
- Proficient in hands-on laboratory work involving immunoassay and nucleic acid assays;
- Clinical laboratory experience an asset;
- Proficient with molecular biology and enzyme reactions;
- Clear understanding of essential concepts of molecular and protein assays and GLP;
- Custom Assay experience preferably within the Immunoassay space;
- Strong understanding of both immunoassay and nucleic acid assays;
- Proficient with Luminex instrumentation required.
- Ability to work mostly independently, but also in collaboration with various teams;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, facilitation, research, problem solving, and organizational skills - with customers, peers and management, both in-person and on the phone;
- Ability to be a self-starter and independent worker, allowing for continual learning and growth in order to successfully fulfil job requirements;
- Demonstrates commitment to the team objectives;
- Proficient in technical application training and customer education;
- Excellent organizational & time-management skills, with focus on business goals;
- Results-oriented and dedicated to providing high quality customer service;
- Team-oriented and ability to lead others without direct reporting authority.
- Must be adept in use of general MS Office, CRM, internet, email and in-house specific computer software. Capable of ensuring data-collection, reporting and business reviews.
- You have excellent English language skill, any other langua is an asset.
Conditions de travail.
The remuneration and benefits are above market average and are consistent with the job requirements. An attractive salary and compensation package including company car and commission/bonus is included.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Marco Pachen, Sr. Recruitment Consultant
T: +32 473 98 21 47
Nicki Boumans, Recruitment Specialist
T: +32 468 25 00 58