Key Account Manager Wallonia - Luxembourg.
Merck offers one of the broadest portfolios in the industry for scientists, best-in-class products for pharmaceutical development and manufacturing, and a fully integrated service organization to support CDMO and contract testing across traditional and novel modalities.
With more than 27,000 employees they are helping to redefine the industry as they know it because they believe science offers unlimited possibilities. Their vision is a world where their innovative products, services and digital offerings help create solutions for people globally and a sustainable future for generations to come.
The life science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, operates as MilliporeSigma in the US and Canada. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global science and technology company with more than 60,000 employees in 66 countries.
Wallonia - Luxembourg
You will serve as the primary point of contact for generating sales of products and services by focusing on selling to major universities, hospitals and governmental institutions primarily in the region of Wallonia (Louvain-la-Neuve, Liège, Brussels) and Luxembourg. You will plan and manage activities within your territory and coordinate all their customer support functions, including field and office-based specialists, to help their customers meet their objectives and maximize business opportunities.
The focus of this role is selling to end users (i.e. scientists, PhD’s, technicians, including core facilities) by leveraging the value of their technical products and scientific knowledge for their "Life science" product portfolio. You will utilize the available tools and resources to track and report sales activities, share account knowledge and exceed sales targets, ensuring a sustainable, profitable growth. It will be essential to build a deep understanding of the customer drivers and deliver the appropriate products, services and resources.
Additionally in this role, you will take care for account planning, offer and negotiate contracts.
Profiel van de kandidaat.
- You completed a scientific degree or PhD with experience of relevant research techniques (Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Analytics).
- You gained preferably 2+ years sales experience.
- You are a strong communicator both in French and English (Dutch is a plus).
- You can work autonomously, and collaboratively as part of a team.
- You possess excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You gained good business acumen and can produce and interpret sales data in various formats.
- You are digitally savvy and able to work with digital tools (Microsoft, Salesforce.com, Social media).
- You are willing to travel (up to 80%, mainly in the region).
- You possess a valid car driving license, and are Home-office based.
- You will carry out any additional tasks as set by your line manager.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Marie Couvelaere, Recruitment Specialist
T: +33 (0) 7 87 65 93 61
Jurgen Rillaerts, Recruitment Consultant
T: +32 (0) 478 50 39 00