System Engineer POC.
PathoFinder, founded in 2004 is a molecular diagnostics company, based in Maastricht (the Netherlands). The company focuses on the development and commercialization of comprehensive panels, with special emphasis on infectious diseases. PathoFinder's proprietary 2SmartFinder® technology enables the detection and differentiation of up to 24 viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic pathogens in a single assay. PathoNostics, founded in 2011, is PathoFinder’s sister company and is focusing on the development and manufacturing of assays for fungal diagnostics. PathoFinder and PathoNostics are ISO13485 certified and all products comply with the CE-IVD guidelines.
The System Engineer works within a team that develops and manufactures a new point-of-care device for human in vitro diagnostic use. The System Engineer applies technical, scientific, and analytical skills to plan and execute the manufacturing roadmap, finds solid novel solutions to technical challenges and collaborates closely with outsourcing partners. He/She supervises a team of technicians and scientists and works autonomously under the general guidance of the CSO.
Profiel van de kandidaat.
- Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical technology, Chemistry or related field;
- Experience with microfluidics / optics / software – IT is required;
- Experience in diagnostic product development under Design Control is preferred;
- Knowledge of CE-IVD guidelines is an advantage;
- Pioneer mentality and coaching/management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English
The final candidate will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration and benefits package.