Technical Support Specialist.
Tecan, founded in Switzerland in 1980, is a leading global player in the Life Sciences supply industry specializing in the development, production and distribution of advanced automation and detection solutions for the biopharma, forensic and diagnostic industries. The company has over 1100 employees, owns production, research and development sites in both North America and Europe and maintains a sales and service network in 52 countries. In 2007, Tecan achieved sales of EUR 252.7 million. Registered shares of the Tecan Group are traded on the SWX Swiss Exchange.
Tecan clients are pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments and diagnostic laboratories. As the leading supplier in laboratory automation for the life science industries, their instruments accelerate and enhance state-of-the-art research and diagnostic processes being performed in laboratories worldwide.
The instruments of Tecan also offer ideal solutions for other markets, such as quality control testing for the food and beverage markets or crop research. Finally, Tecan is a leader in the development and manufacturing of OEM instrumentation, serving some of the largest companies
in their industry. Their business segments address each of these markets with the full range of automation solutions they require.
home office-office Mechelen
- Support our customers with technical advice and provide with technical information
- Coordinate and monitor progress of on-site and off-site service actions
- Collect necessary information for further analyze, solving and continuous improvement
- Maintain loop of communication between customer and support level (in native language) and downstream service departments within the Company (in english)
- Brief Field Service Staff in your Regional Organization about technical investigations to initiate field actions
- Continuous expertise improvement of our product portfolio based on onsite, online and self study workshops and trainings
- Manage personal and team based workflow in order to receive and provide support within your team of remoted Support Specialist colleagues
Education / Experience
- Biomedical degree (BSC or higher) or relevant Lab industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
- Experience as e.g. Call Center Agent is a clear plus
- Native Dutch/Flemish speaker, English B2 or higher, any other European language is a bonus
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Balanced business personality with both ambition and integrity
- Team player, diplomatic, modest and pragmatic
- Effective communicator and persuasive presenter
- Stress resistant with high flexibility, balancing both thinking and action
The final candidate will be offered an attractive and competitive remuneration and benefits package, progressive employment conditions, exciting career opportunities, wide range of training courses, international and diverse environment, strong company culture with rich history, global mindset with “Swissness” at heart.