Field Service Engineer Belgium .
The company has more than 50 years in healthcare diagnostics. The holding comprises a group of leading manufacturing and distribution companies and has worldwide recognition for its expertise in the specialized areas of in vitro Diagnostics, Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation.
In Vitro Diagnostics
Their IVD activities are the fundamentals and core business of their organization. The company is dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of In-Vitro Diagnostics systems and reagents in several areas, providing high quality solutions to satisfy their customers’ needs in the Health Care sector. They are driven by their tireless dedication to R&D and product development, their international expansion strategy, and supported by their expert teams. They leverage on these to grow into a global leader in their core markets, and to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to more than 100 countries worldwide.
Job description.This position is part of the Benelux Service Department of Werfen Benelux.
- The Field Service Engineer develops customer satisfaction through technical repair, preventive maintenance and installation of Werfen instruments as well as identify and resolve issues affecting customer´s network, working closely with the hospital´s IT department
- Position with continuous presence at customer in Belgium and occasionally in The Netherlands.
- Installation of new instruments
- Performs routine and non-routine technical repairs of Werfen instruments
- Perform Preventive Maintenance of the installed instruments
- Instructs customers in the proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Reports all service activities in SAP by electronic service report
- Control of the car stock assigned for repairing and maintaining the instruments
- Responsible for routine interaction with sales for customer situations, updates and leads
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Service Director
- Member of the weekend- and evening service team
- Install and configure the software of clinical applications in laboratories and hospitals
- Perform required technical training sessions
- Respond to and resolve client problems as they relate to technical software issues
- Refer more complex problems to 2n level department
- Build customer relationships by keeping customers informed of how and when problems are resolved
- Carry out complex installs at client sites
- The position requires studies of Electro Mechanical Engineer
- 3 years experience as a FSE in the Healthcare sector (IVD) is a plus
- Good knowledge of administration and maintenance of servers and workstations in both, hardware and software areas
- Knowledge of automation lines in laboratory environments would be a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
- Must have basic skills of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Must have basic skills of Windows and Network
- Autonomous capacity and resolution
- Language skills: Dutch/ENG (French is a plus)